Special thanks goes to Searchengineland.com & Blueglass Interactive for the info graphic, the original article can be found here
One year ago, Google launched its “Panda Update” designed to filter low quality or “thin” content from its top search results.
Below, our infographic produced in conjunction with BlueGlass covers how Panda works, what it impacted and the various updates from Panda 1.0 through Panda 3.2 that have happened along the way.
After the infographic, you’ll also find more information about the Panda Update ranging from in-depth analysis of how it works, “winners and losers” and well as recovery tips.
Want to learn more about the Panda Update and some of the things mentioned on the chart? Below is a great list of articles from Searchengineland.com.
Panda: The Timeline
- Panda Update 1.0: Feb. 24, 2011
- Panda Update 2.0: April 11, 2011 (about 7 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.1: May 10, 2011 (about 4 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.2: June 16, 2011 (about 5 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.3: July 23, 2011 (about 5 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.4: August 12, 2011 (about 3 week gap)
- Panda Update 2.5: September 28, 2011 (about 7 week gap)
- Panda Update 3.0 : October 19, 2011 (about 3 week gap)
- Panda Update 3.1 : November 18, 2011 (about 3 week gap)
- Panda Update 3.2 : January 18, 2012 (about 8 week gap)
Panda: In-Depth Analysis
- Google Forecloses On Content Farms With “Panda” Algorithm Update
- Google Speaks More About The Farmer Update, AKA Panda Update
- Panda 2.0: Google Rolls Out Panda Update Internationally & Incorporates Searcher Blocking Data
- Why Google Panda Is More A Ranking Factor Than Algorithm Update
- Google Panda Update 2.4: Panda Goes International, In Most Languages
- Taking a Closer Look at the Google’s Panda 2.5 “Flux”
Panda: Winners & Losers
- Google & Bing Have “Won A Major Victory” Over Content Farms, Study Says
- Number Crunchers: Who Lost In Google’s Panda Algorithm Change?
- Winners & Losers As Panda 2.0 Goes Global? eHow, Bing’s Ciao.co.uk & More
- Demand Media: Panda’s Impact On eHow.com “Significantly Overstated”
- New York Times: Yes, Google’s Panda Update Hit NYT-Owned About.com
- Google Panda 2.5: Losers Include Today Show, The Next Web; Winners Include YouTube, Fox News
- Yahoo Deletes 75,000 Associated Content Articles, Moves Rest To New Yahoo Voices Site
- Google Panda Update Costs Demand Media $6.4 Million In 4th Quarter?
Panda: Recovery Tips
- Your Site’s Traffic Has Plummeted Since Google’s Panda Update. Now What?
- Hit By Panda Update? Google Has 23 Questions To Ask Yourself To Improve
- Lessons Learned at SMX West: Google’s Panda Update, White Hat Cloaking & Link Building
- 5 New Tactics For SEO Post-Panda
- Can You Dig Out Of Your Google Panda Hole By Offloading To Subdomains?
- Yet More Tips For Diagnosing & Fixing Panda Problems
- Google: Low PageRank & Bad Spelling May Go Hand-In-Hand; Panda, Too?